Home Energy Audits
Home Energy Audits...cost to member $50.00 ($300 less $250 Rebate)
AN INCENTIVE OF 50% OF THE COST (with a cap of $500) WILL BE PAID FOR THE CORRECTIVE WEATHERIZATION ACTIONS TAKEN
The energy audit will consist of the following:
- A blower door test which pressurizes the building to locate places of air leakage and energy loss.
- Inspect rim joists, windows, doors, recessed lighting, electrical outlets and switches for air leaks.
- Document all air leaks as candidates for sealing.
- Check the heating system filter.
- Check the heating/air conditioning ductwork for air leaks if accessible.
- Check the temperature setting on the water heater.
- Install cooperative provided hot water pipe wrap from top of the water heater up to 10’ if accessible.
- Install cooperative provided low flow dual spray faucet aerator (with the owner’s permission only).
- Inspect attic and wall insulation and determine if any additional insulation is needed.
- Inspect crawl space and basement, if present, for any energy efficiency opportunities.
- Determine the presence of CFL’s. Leave provided CFL’s and install (if agreed by home owner).
Included in the cost of the audit is an energy weatherization kit valued at over $50. The kit includes *hot water pipe wrap (10’), *5 CFL’s, insulation kits for electrical outlets and wall switches, *low flow dual spray faucet aerator, LED night light, foam sealant, caulk, caulking gun and weather stripping (* indicates items installed by auditor).
Upon completing the work recommended in the audit, the member will provide SIEC with invoices documenting the work. An inspection will be made to determine if the work has been completed. Then an incentive of up to 50% of the cost (with a cap of $500) will be paid for the corrective weatherization actions taken. (Corrective actions must be completed within 6 months of audit.)
CALL OUR OFFICE TO SCHEDULE YOUR HOME ENERGY AUDIT!
(800)607-2027 OR (641)664-2277