SOUTHERN IOWA ELECTRIC COOPERATIVE, INC.
NOTICE OF ANNUAL MEETING OF MEMBERS
The virtual Annual Meeting of the Members of Southern Iowa Electric Cooperative, Inc. will be streamed from the Cooperative office building located at 22458 Highway 2, Bloomfield, Davis County, Iowa at 6:30 P.M. on Thursday, September 9, 2021, to take action upon the following matters:
1. The reports of officers, directors, and committees;
2. The election of three (3) directors of the Cooperative for a term of three years each;
3. All other business which may legally come before the meeting or any adjournment(s) thereof.
In connection with the election of directors scheduled for this meeting, the following members have been nominated for Director by the Committee on Nominations appointed by the Board of Directors of the Cooperative pursuant to the Bylaws.
THREE-YEAR TERM (Three to be Elected)
Anthony Bruckman Trent Gregory Travis Harris
Jeff Knobloch Rodney Reck
You are urged to join the meeting through Facebook Live or Zoom, hear the reports of the officers, and transact such other business as may come before the meeting.
Joy Evans, Secretary
What will a virtual Annual Meeting look like?
The Annual Meeting of the Southern Iowa Electric Cooperative Membership will be utilizing a virtual format again this year on September 9, 2021. This opportunity will allow more of our hard-working, dedicated, and busy families and business Members to participate in the governance of their electric cooperative. Members will also have reports from the Board of Directors and management available online as well as videos featuring the 2021 Membership Honorees and Director Candidates.
Here are a few details:
• Members may view the 2021 SIEC Annual Meeting on Facebook Live or participate by ZOOM meeting at 6:30 pm on September 9, 2021.
• Members wanting to participate in the business meeting “live” or “real time” will need to do so by ZOOM meeting and register in advance to receive a participant ID to log on. Instructions to do this will be included in the August Newsletter.
• Members participating by ZOOM meeting will use the “chat” feature to communicate with the Board Attorney to bring topics of cooperative business to the Membership.
• Ballots for the Director election will be limited to mail-in or can be submitted by using the secure drop box located under the entrance canopy at our office, or ballot box in the lobby of the Cooperative during business hours. All ballots must be received by midnight on September 7, 2021. BALLOTS WILL BE MAILED IN AUGUST.
• There will not be an “in-person” meeting. As a result, a meal will not be served, attendance gifts will not be handed out and a vendor prize drawing will not be conducted. In lieu of this, ALL ballots received for the Director election will receive a $10 Bill Credit and be entered into a drawing to win: 10 - $100 bill credits